I just learned about a teacher at a small school in Eastern Oregon who daily keeps a journal of small statements of what they could have done better that day. He writes in it each day, every day. He never skips a day and keeps a binder for each school year. I am going to attempt to do the same thing through this Wiki. While I am starting late in this school year, I hope to do this each day for the remainder of the school year.
- 2/22/18 - Today I could have done a lot better at managing time. I told myself that I would have read the last 20 pages in a book that I was reading and do a quick reflection, but that never came about during the day. Got caught up in the chaos.
- 2/23/18 - Today I could have done better at connecting with more staff and students in their areas. I spent a lot of time in the office just trying to get things done.
- 3/28/18 - Well I forgot about following through with that. That was a quick exercise in futility. I will work to think about each day what I need improve upon.
- 4/8/2018 - Here I did it again. Forgot to update what I want to improve on. I have something each day that I can write on here to get better one, but I just keep forgetting to log in and put it down.
- 4/10/2018 - Well it was only two days in between from the last time I remembered. The time in between is getting shorter. Soon it will just be habit every single day. Today was just another day. I need to improve on getting out of the office and into classrooms more regularly. We went into classrooms today for instructional rounds and it was good to see some great teaching.
- 4/11/2018 - I did it! Two days in a row. Today I could have gotten up out of my office and moved around the building. I am really bad at that as things start to get busy.
- 4/18/2018 - I need to get better at not keeping "scabs" open and when I have made my mind up not to end conversations with words that keep it going like "Let me get back to you." Just end it there.