Iowa 1:1 Smackdown – April 20, 2011
Compiled and Organized from #i11ismackdown thread on Twitter by @murphhutson
- YouPublish Turn writing into a flippable online book! via eolsonteacher Erin Olson
- PiratePad This looks fun…collaboration tool! http://bit.ly/6BEQic via eolsonteacher Erin Olson
- Twiddla team white board and another conversation tool via eolsonteacher Erin Olson
- Model Un If the Model UN was on Facebook http://j.mp/fybFVB#i11ismackdown via mrdevoresclass Dan DeVore
- Art Wiki – full of creativity resources via brendaortmann and kathybork
- Flubaroo online assignments and homework manager- self grading quizzes in Google Forms via fichteraaron Aaron Fichter
- Library of Congress for Teachers– se primary sources in the classroom via Library of Congress for teachers via kjpmeyer Kim Meyer
- Capzles.com – social story telling via melissacorey Melissa Corey
- only2clicks.com – awesome social bookmarking via melissacorey Melissa Corey
- Voicethread for Educators– great resource on how educators are using this amazing tool
- Tweet chat– Twitter client for Real time chats
- Games for change– Examples- NobelPeace: http://bit.ly/czFGdONationStates: http://bit.ly/eYx7B
- Join.me “The water cooler conversation.”- free screen sharing and collaborative tool- Show educators via desktop or application.
- Kerpoof tell stories, make pics. Tell a digital story like a graphic novel via Murph Hutson
- Livebinders – “Three ring binder for the web. Teachers share their entire file cabinet digitally”
- Flashface- allows you to create faces. Great for art classes. via murphhutson Murph Hutson
- Stumbleupon.com find, share, and bookmark your favorite sites on the web
- Shelfari – great tool to catalog books with a virtual shelf. Great tool for Librarians and classrooms
- Authors on Call– Live videoconferencing with non-fiction award winning Nonfiction writers
- Kidblogs – easy to use blogging platform for students and teachers via jswiatek Jerry Swiatek
- Animoto– easy and fun interactive presentations- drag and drop video/photos and add text and audio (Free 6 month membership for educators- up to 50 accounts).
- Sweetsearch- a safe search engine for students. “Training wheels for Google.” Still allows web analysis via cyclone_alyssa
- Symbaloo online social bookmarking site that creates tiles to link to sites. Easily organizes “class appropriate”
- Studyblue make quizzes, flashcards, notes, and videos and it has an #iphone and #android app.
- Harlaninstitute Research of Supreme Court cases. You can sign up to Skype with a lawyer about different cases. via ChrisCrawfordSH
- Zipcast Can turn any SlideShare presentation into a live stream video cast.
- Ruzuku open source course management
- Polyvore.com awesome design graphics via Artk12shaw
- Dippity digital timeline creator
- VineMe social curation tool creating “the worlds timeline in photos”
Please add anything we missed or should know about! We hope the list continues to grow and grow!